Giving and the Environment


We believe it's important to protect animals—and those who take care of them. That's why we donate a portion of our profits to both animal welfare charities and mental health awareness.

Our animal welfare focus is supporting no-kill shelters and trap, neuter, and release programs (TNR). We believe no-kill shelters are not only more humane, but they're also a more effective means to help the homeless animal population. Coupled with TNR, we believe these two systems help keep animals healthy and safe, whether they're adopted or not.

Mental health awareness is another issue we care deeply about. All-too-often the need for mental health is greatly under-served (especially in BIPOC communities), and is also often stigmatized. Organizations like NAMI ( help provide education, resources, advocacy, and a friendly hand to people who want to start—or are continuing—on their journey towards better mental health.

The Environment

What good is protecting the creatures on Earth if we're not helping Earth itself? We're committed to sustainable operations and materials, and work every day to reduce our impact on the planet. Here's what we're doing:

  • We print our cards and art prints on 100% post-consumer waste recycled paper. When you receive these items, you may notice a small speck or two on the front or back. That's totally normal! Since we use 100% PCW stock, minor imperfections can appear, and add to the character of the card or print (no two are alike!).
  • Many of our cards are printed with vegetable-based inks.
  • Cards and art prints are packaged in plant-based polybags, and are compostable. Prints have a protective chipboard for shipping, which is made from 100% PCW paper.
  • Our brown craft envelopes are made from 100% PCW paper. Colored envelopes contain 30% PCW paper, and the remaining 70% is from responsibly managed, and sustainable forests.
  • Tea towels are ethically made in England utilizing water-based inks in a solar energy-supplied facility aiming for 100% carbon neutrally (they are very close, and it's on their roadmap).
  • Our towel supplier, and their cotton suppliers are SEDEX certified (see here for more on this:
  • The website you're on right now is powered by Shopify, who has a commitment to climate action, and are actively working toward carbon neutrality (

Here's where we're working to improve:

  • We're phasing out all plastic packaging. Currently, our box sets have a 100% recyclable clear plastic lid. When all supply is exhausted, we will be moving to 100% PCW packaging.
  • We are aiming to make all cards and prints 100% carbon neutral within 5 years. Towels are nearly carbon neutral now.


We're very proud of journey we're on to make sure the Lobster Studio is both socially and environmentally sustainable. If you have any questions, or want to know more, please drop us a line. We'd love to hear from you!